Basic For Qt® V1.0 for Windows, Mac and Linux released

Are there new versions?

Basic For Qt® V1.0 for Windows, Mac and Linux released

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm

KBasic Software, provider for Basic For Qt®, Basic cross-platform development language just designed for Qt®, announced today that new release is available now.

Basic For Qt® is the new Open source language to write Qt based cross-platform software. If you have at least moderate knowledge in simple object-oriented concepts and the BASIC language, Q7Basic will not be difficult to write own applications soon. It provides users a wide variety of options for customizing user interfaces for the applications it creates.

It is related to VB.NET™ and Visual Basic® and combines the best features of those tools and supports similar syntax, functions, objects and classes. It is an open source project backed by years of continual development. The project is under active development and has a vibrant community.

Key features:
. Common BASIC-like functions
. Compile to C++ binary code
. Thin runtime
. Clean and easy syntax
. Direct Qt API access: Qt bindings to most important classes and functions
. Qt Designer supported
. Use of native C++ classes and widgets
. Qt database support, e.g. SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, CSV
. Built-in support for webkit, zip, email receiving/sending, ftp functions, UdpSocket, Serial Port, video & audio
. 32/64 bit supported
. Resources support
. Projects can be opend and compiled in Qt Creator

Development tools included: Compiler, IDE, Runtime, Qt Designer

Pricing and Availability
The Linux® version is free of charge for open source (GPL3) software.
Commercial licenses are available starting at 29.95 EUR. The Basic For Qt® License gives you the right to update to all future versions of Basic For Qt® without any costs.

About Basic For Qt®
KBasic Software provides Basic For Qt®, KBasic Software is a small software company with headquarter in Frankfurt am Main / Germany. Its flagship product is Basic For Qt® Professional, the multi-platform BASIC programming language and environment.

All names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders in Germany and other countries.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Re: Basic For Qt® V1.0 for Windows, Mac and Linux released

Postby yereverluvinuncleber » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Well done!
I have just purchased ver 1.0 to celebrate its arrival.

Good luck on the IDE - make it happen soon as I want my good old VB6 IDE back...
yereverluvinuncleber

Postby momnpop » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi - I am a little lost and would appreciate some help. What is the difference between Basic For QT and Q7Basic? Also, I am a registered user of Q7Basic, do I need a different license for Basic for QT? Thanks...
momnpop

Postby Henning » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi,

Basic For QT = Q7Basic. It's just that Bernd has changed the naming, I guess as a closer description of the purpose. :)

/Henning
Henning

Postby momnpop » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Txs...
momnpop

Return to Announcements