FileName syntax error...

Please report bugs.

FileName syntax error...

Postby GaryVass » Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm

I have just applied the latest patch to the windows version and now have some strange errors:

First, the line: Dim CleanedFrom As QPlainTextEdit no longer likes the word CleanedFrom... I had to change it to CleanedItFrom to make it work ....
Second, the line: FileName = "c:/data/screen.csv" now gives a syntax or parser error.... the key workd FileName is no longer in Blue, but seems grayed out???
GaryVass

Re: FileName syntax error...

Postby berndnoetscher » Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

GaryVass wrote:I have just applied the latest patch to the windows version and now have some strange errors:

First, the line: Dim CleanedFrom As QPlainTextEdit no longer likes the word CleanedFrom... I had to change it to CleanedItFrom to make it work ....
Second, the line: FileName = "c:/data/screen.csv" now gives a syntax or parser error.... the key workd FileName is no longer in Blue, but seems grayed out???

Which patch did you use? What date?

Well, FileName is a built-in function name and should not be used as variable. I guess the code editor changed it from filename into FileName and the declaration is still filename and variables are case-sensitive you get a syntax error.
berndnoetscher
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports